I am so grateful for Pat for nominating me for ‘The Award Winning Blog’ ‘Has been Blessed Again’ award.
Pat describes her blog as sharing stories around a kitchen table and I love the concept of homeliness and companionship which Pat achieves in her heart warming blog posts. Not only that, but she seems to effortlessly reach out to others too, including myself.
Pat’s site ‘Plain Talk and Ordinary Wisdom‘ is a much-loved site because, not only does she share wise thoughts. stories and anecdotes, but she gives so much encouragement too.
As for me, yes I do truly feel blessed. I began this blog ‘selections of reflections’ after I had the privilege to compile an elderly friend’s memoirs. Norman was 103! I found that posts about him just didn’t fit on my other blog, which was social history, background history and to share events all related to my Riduna Series.
I am enjoying a sabbatical at present to concentrate on my writing but what I’ve enjoyed particularly about making this blog is reaching out to people to write guest posts and getting to know their interesting and varied stories.
Thank you Pat for getting me to stop, think about what I was doing here and who has inspired me along the way, as well as your good self of course.
Anyway, as well as Pat, I would like to nominate these people for this award
1. Brenda Davis is a natural story-teller and I’m truly thankful for her support too. http://friendlyfairytales.com/ Her writing is magical and her posts of stories and poetry are written for children, but I love them too!
2. I love D’s cartoons on ‘On her Way to Perfection’ She describes herself as ‘on her way to becoming a woman’ as she strives to better herself. Her posts give you a lift in a lovely way.
3. I’ve only recently been following Marilyn’s blog Kintal a poetry blog reflecting life in words with such beauty and insight. Her words of wisdom are uplifting, thought provoking…or just make me smile.
4. I’ve been following Lauren’s Between Fear and Love blog for some time now. She write’s such beautiful posts about family, fun and‘Self Worth,’ her book recently released. It’s one of those ‘makes you feel happy to be alive’ blogs!
5. Flee to the Mountains is a not only a ‘feel good’ blog but a challenging one too. Donna’s posts make me think, take me back to my Christian roots and sometimes just seem to say what I need to hear at the time….not necesarily what I want to hear but great, heart warming and thoughtful posts.
6. Tania on TME Walsh, deserves success. A fellow writer able to put you in suspense and she has a new novel out too, ‘The Principle of Evil.’ I love to read about the background to Tania’s work, her success, events and honest thoughts along the way. I always like a contrast too!
7. Sally Jenkins is an excellent blog for all things ‘writing.’ It’s informative, well written and full of good advice.
8. Tom’s thoughts are just that. They a deep and philosophical but there is so much truth in what he says. I wish him well as he inspires others to think beneath the surface!
Here are the rules:
1. Post a link to my blog and the award/awards image or images you accept on your website.
2. Say a few nice things about the one (me) who gave you the award.
3. Tell us fun stuff about yourself.
4. Share the wealth with others as you see fit. How you choose to do that is entirely up to you.